Friday, March 31, 2006

A civil way of putting the safe sex puzzle

My friend Jon thinks the way I stated the safe sex puzzle, might be downright offensive to 83% of the british population. Now I don't care what 83% of that tiny island think about me or my post, but the conversation did encourage me to look for a version socially acceptable at all levels. A valuable clue from him vaguely mentioning some sort of gloves and handprint problem got me googling.

After playing around a bit, I found the one I was (kinda) looking for. You can find it here along with more brain teasers. Below the relevant one is quoted verbatim.

Gloves and Germs

You have 3 cultures of highly contagious and deadly germs. As part of an important experiment you must squeeze each culture once with your entire hand. However, you have only 1 pair of latex gloves. You must not contaminate any culture with another or with germs from your skin. The gloves can be worn on either the left or right hand. How can you complete your experiment without contaminating anything?

from QbiT